Welcome to the Virtual Counseling Center (VCC).
We offer research-based resources for helping students and graduates develop life skills and career plans.
For Career Assessment and Planning
For Academic Skill Building
- An ECAP -- Education and Career Action Plan (under development)
- Career Exploration Tests
- How do career tests work?
- Tests using Holland (RIASEC) interest codes:
- Test using occupational values:
- Tests using 16-federal cluster interest scores:
- Test using ability levels
- Additional career assessment procedures.
- The Automated Advisor connects your test results to careers and majors.
- Career Development Tutorials
- STEM Assessment Devices
- STEM Career Depot. Programs for stimulating interest or persistence in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Academic Readiness.
Time management, note taking, study skills, and motivation training.
- FreeRice. A vocabulary builder with humanitarian
consequences. Other subjects too.
- Professor Garfield Foundation.
Graphic intensive K-8 instruction in a variety of subject areas.
- Standardized Test Preparation
For Enhancing Life Skills
Professional Tool Box: Resources for Research and Practice
- Clinical Corner: Resources for challenging concerns.
- The Educational Planning Survey gathers information for helping you establish academic and career plans.
- Free STEM educational materials, many supported by the National Science Foundation
- IDEAL: Arizona's eLearning Platform
- O*Net Career Exploration Tools. Downloadable measures of career interest, importance, and ability.
- Specialized Libraries
- Understanding and Addressing the Gender Problem in STEM Participation Via a Taxonomy of Barriers and Supports
- Vocopher provides free career testing resources for graduate-trained researchers and practitioners (requires Internet Explorer).